bus to show terms of service
NOTE: This version of the BTS Terms of Service is current as of 2/14/18. We try to keep this 100% current at all times. However, if there is a discrepancy between this version and the version that you agree to while checking out, the version that you agree to in check-out takes priority.
I. AGE VERIFICATION AND CHECK-IN
1. The name on the reservation must match (more or less) the name on your ID. If you want to give your reservation to someone else, you must make sure it gets transferred to their name in our system. YOU CAN CHANGE THE NAME AND EMAIL AN UPDATED CONFIRMATION TO A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS BY CLICKING ON YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. If you need help transferring reservation info, email email@example.com.
2. BTS is 18 and up (unless you have an email from a parent). Even if you are way old enough, bring your ID (with DOB) and make sure everyone in your group brings their ID (with DOB).
If anyone in your group is under 18, they MUST have their legal guardian email THEM a message to show us on their phone at check in. The email MUST have firstname.lastname@example.org CC'd and MUST contain the following:
I, (GUARDIAN NAME), am the legal guardian of (RIDER NAME). I give my permission for (RIDER NAME) to ride bus to show on (TRIP DATE) to (VENUE NAME) and back. I release Bus to Show, Inc. and all its employees, partners and affiliates of any liability for incident that may occur as a direct or indirect result of this trip. My driver’s license is attached. (ATTACH LICENSE SCAN/PHOTO TO EMAIL)
3. BTS check-in staff, chaperones, or drivers may turn people away and deny access to the buses without refund, if the above two criteria are not met.
1. It is your responsibility to be on the bus when it leaves. If you miss it, you miss it, If that happens, you can always find your way to the venue meet up with us the bus to check-in at any time before it departs for the return trip. If you are running a couple minutes late, ask a friend who is already there to have the driver to hold the bus. Or, call us at 844.BUS.2.SHO and we will try to contact the driver for you.
2. Times are posted on the bustoshow.org/calendar listing for each event and pick-up location (you can check this at any time). More detailed information is also viewable by clicking "Show Details" under each ticket description.
3. If there is only one time listed on a ticket, then you need to be at the location by that time, in order to catch the bus.
4. If there is a time range on a ticket, that means we will begin loading the first bus at the early time, and we won't send the final bus until the latest time listed. Please show up and board as early as you can to help the process move quickly. Sometimes we get a lot of demand and decide to widen the time range, this just provides more departure options, and you don't need to do anything differently if you don't want to.
III: TIME CHANGES
It almost never happens, but it is possible that we may adjust times after you make your reservation. If it does change, it is almost always to make the trip more convenient for our riders. The most up-to-date times are always posted on the bustoshow.org/calendar listing for your event. It is your responsibility to check the website, so that you know the accurate departure time.
With that said, if we ever need to move departure time earlier we will do one of the following, depending on how much notice we can give you:
More than 48 hours' notice, we will email you at the address you have provided with at least 48 hours' notice and offer you a full refund if the new time doesn't work for you, as long as you let us know more than 24 hours before the original departure time. It is your responsibility to check your email to ensure you are able to request a refund if needed before the refund window closes.
Less than 48 hours' notice, we will call you or text you or email with the contact information provided until we get ahold of you to confirm that you are aware of the change, and that it works for you. If it does not work for you, we will offer you a full refund at that time. If we cannot get in touch with you, we will offer you a full refund as long as it is requested by emailing email@example.com within two business days after the scheduled trip departure.
If we move times later, there is no risk of you missing the bus if you don't get the message, so we don't sweat this very hard. If we are planning to send a bus later than originally scheduled, our policy is to send out an email blast to all reserved riders and update the schedule online. If the change makes it so that you are no longer interested in riding, you can request a refund, but we must receive the request within 24 hours of departure, in order for you to be eligible for a refund. We may choose to make exceptions to this policy and grant full or partial refund on a case-by-case basis.
In the extremely rare event that a bus does not show up, or is delayed more than 45 minutes after last call, and you decide to find another way to the show, you can choose one of the following options to make it right:
Either request a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include the pick-up location and politely describe the situation. If we are able to verify the lateness of the bus, we will happily refund you.
Or take a Lyft or Uber and email your receipt (with polite description of circumstances) to email@example.com. If we are able to verify the lateness of the bus, we will reimburse you for up to 2x the cost of your bus reservation toward your ride.
Note: even if the check-in person or someone else acting on behalf of BTS gives you different information in person or over the phone, the above offers are the back-up plans that you are signing on for and agreeing to in advance by using this service.
IV ON-BOARD RULES
1. Please do not bring glass on the buses, to the pick up locations, or to the venue!!! And in general, don't bring anything that could be dangerous to you or other riders on the bus.
2. Obey the laws in the jurisdictions we travel through. In general, if it's not legal for you to do in a park, it's not legal for you to do on the bus.
3. No open containers at the pick-up locations (SEE RULE 2).
4. NOTHING GOES OUT THE WINDOW. Don't even stick your hands or any body parts out the window, not even for just a sec.
5. Be a role model for other show-goers. Be sweet. Be safe. Clean up after yourselves on the bus and at the venue.
6. The Laws of Physics always apply. Example 1: Things that are on the floor can't fall on the floor because they are already on the floor.
7. Take care of each other.
8. Don't get in the car and drive after if you are not sober when we drop you off. Hail a rideshare, or bribe your driver to take you home. Deal with your car in the morning.
V. I understand that by reserving for and riding the bus, I am permitting Bus to Show to send email newsletters to the addresses I have provided, and that I will be able to immediately unsubscribe from further emails after the first one is sent if I choose.
I have read, understand & agree to follow and be bound by the above terms, conditions, and consequences.